Re: Segregation of Duties - IT Team

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2005 15:04:10 -0800

>I'd agree except that (hopefully) most data servers are on separate
>subnets and their email systems are internal ... not external.

Most places I've seen have linkage between internal and external email.  Sometimes there is duplications and other weirdnesses so you have to remember to pick the right account to be able to send mail to certain places. That's such a hassle.

The sad reality is most places are Exchange.

(One customer recently told me their ISP will be blocking zip files - sheesh.)

Noons:

So, forge the headers to look like they come from the spam blockers! <g,d&r>

But seriously, I see no way out of this until some strong hardware-level non-renunciation becomes ubiquitous, and I hate advocating that, it seems so fascist.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
D'Oh!  http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.10.html#subj8