Question: Export problem under 10G

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 11:02:58 -0800

Hi, all.

I have a 10gR2 database (on W2003) which I imported in from an export file made in 8i on AIX.

I created the db as per normal, and then imported all non-system schemas from the exported 8i database.

I now want to export these same schemas, to bring the db over to another Windows server.

The export process bombs every time, saying 'Table or View does not exist'. I tried running catexp.sql, suspecting that it was the export views that were the problem. Catexp.sql ran fine, but the error persists.

I'd appreciate any wisdom that could be offered.

Here is the session log:

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options Enter array fetch buffer size: 4096 >

Export file: EXPDAT.DMP >

(1)E(ntire database), (2)U(sers), or (3)T(ables): (2)U > u

Export grants (yes/no): yes >

Export table data (yes/no): yes >

Compress extents (yes/no): yes >

Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

TACSUIT1 D:\Imports>

Thanks!!

BD Received on Mon Nov 28 2005 - 13:02:58 CST