Re: Index not getting used

From: Parvez <parvez_mk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 02:16:31 -0800

My oracle version is 8.0.6.1.0 so I cannot use outline feature. I am executing the query with concat hint but it has still not finished the execution, mostly I think it is ignored, can confirm only after the execution is completed. Also regarding concat it will use "union all" which will return duplicate records (same record can be created & updated on same day), I want a "union" operator instead.

I estimated the statistics with the default option (1064 sample), I will try 10% estimate, it will take some time though.

The created_date and updated_date have two different index. I dont have histograms on both the columns as the column value is uniformly distributed except updated_date (since it has many null value, but for not null the values are uniformly distributed), I dont think histogram is of any use, is it? Received on Mon Nov 28 2005 - 04:16:31 CST