Re: DB2 HADB

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:51:49 -0500

Rodrick Brown wrote:
> Has anyone worked with DB2 HADB? from what I gather it sounds exactly
> like dataguard? can anyone run through the differences if any thanks.
*gosh*I tried to find the right spot to put my clarification but thsi thread is ...long....

Stored procs and UDF:
Since HADR runs of the logs anything logged is by defalt working. That includes SQL UDF, and SQL Proceduer changes. DB2 for LUW today does not store the libraries of EXTERNAL routines (C, CLR, Java, ..) in its catalogues (i.e. not logged...). That's what all this is about.

Further. To make HADR fool proof it is recommended to:

* log index rebuilts, and
* use LOAD COPY.
* take care when changing the implementation of a Java or C proc.

LOBs in DB2 of 2GB size cannot be logged because DB2, ages ago, had a 2GB log limit. A historical restriction noone apparently ever cared to remove.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau