Re: Slow tnsping

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:24:31 +0100

>> Matthias
>
> - check if the thruput is as expected

How could I test this ? FTP a big file to the database server ?

> - check if ping have lost packets (to dbserver and other servers)

Yep, we loose a packet once and then "request timed out". But no clue why.

> - check networkdriver (recent ?)

Will check this, thanks. It's a HP server.

> - check net config (teaming ? failover ?)

No teaming or failover, but this server is part of a webfarm with each 2 NIC's : 1 for the heartbeat and 1 for the connection to the "public" network. All servers show the same behaviour btw. A hardware load balancer divides the load between the servers.