Re: Anyway to allow root to 'sqlplus / as sysdba'??

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:10:57 -0800

Rhugga wrote:
> was wondering with 10.2 if there was anyway to allow the root user to
> 'sqplus / as sysdba' w/o a password like the oracle user can?
>
> I tried added root to the dba group but this seemed to have no effect.
>
> Thx,
> Rhugga

I would suggest you rethink the business case behind this. There is no reason I can think of why anyone with root should be touching any part of an Oracle database through SQL*Plus.

In most shops anyone suggesting this would be escorted to a remedial class: Security 100.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org