Re: Anyone checked out Oracle Express Edition? It's free, although limited.

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:35:34 +0100

HansF wrote:

> Oracle Database 10g Release 2
> 'PL/SQL Supplied Packages and Procedures' manual
> DBMS_EPG and DBMS_XDB sections provide the API reference

Thanks. I missed your previous reference to DBMS_EPG, so I was investigating how to create a DAD with DBMS_XDB, obviously with no success!

Thanks to this article I quickly learned how to create a DAD with DBMS_EPG:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/dbms_epg_10gR2.php

Now I'm trying to find a way to store database password in the DAD (just like mod_plsql) in order to prevent the browser to ask it to the user. Do you know if this is possibile?

Thanks again. Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (cris119_at_operamail.com)
Assistente di laboratorio di Storia della agricoltura antartica