Re: Uninstall Patchset

From: <dbaxchange.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2005 19:52:13 -0800

Starting oracle 9.2.0.7, there is a new script that oracle provides which allows you to restore it back to the original 9.2 patch release
(as long as it is 9.2.0.4 or greater). You can find the details for it
in the 9.2.0.7 patchset release notes. With this method all you have to do is make sure that the prior oracle software version exists on the box. I've included the notes in case you can't get to it:

(For Sun solaris):

Perform the following steps for backing out from the 9207 patch release:

Before restoring the Oracle home to the original release, perform the following steps:

$ sqlplus /nolog

SQL> connect / AS SYSDBA
SQL> SHUTDOWN
SQL> STARTUP MIGRATE
SQL> SPOOL catbkout.out
SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/catbkout.sql
SQL> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

Restore the Oracle9i installation and Central Inventory (see /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc) that you backed up before applying the patch set

After restoring the original Oracle home, perform the following steps:

$ sqlplus /nolog

SQL> connect / AS SYSDBA
SQL> STARTUP MIGRATE
SQL> SPOOL catpatch.out
SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/catpatch.sql

If Oracle Spatial is installed with the database, perform the following steps:

SQL> alter session set current_schema =  mdsys;
SQL> @?/md/admin/prvtsidx.plb
SQL> @?/md/admin/prvt3glh.plb
SQL> @?/md/admin/prvt3gl.plb
SQL> alter session set current_schema = sys;

Shut down the database:

SQL> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE Start the database and recompile the remaining invalid objects:

SQL> STARTUP
SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql

Review catbkout.out and catpatch.out for errors

Hope this helps!

http://www.dbaxchange.com
(One stop site for practical solutions to oracle issues, oracle
findings, Book recommendations, International job search site recommendations and much more....) Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 21:52:13 CST