10g - upgrading OS Solaris 8 -> 10

From: Derek <dglewi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2005 06:06:21 -0800

We have an installed base of 10g on Solaris 8 across several mid-range Sun servers. As we migrate to Solaris 10, our dba group has proposed we move the Oracle binaries in place - that is, we deport the volumes from the Solaris 8 environment and import them on Solaris 10 (we are using a SAN). Have you or do you know of anyone who has successfully upgraded the Solaris OS around Oracle 10g without doing a fresh install of the Oracle binaries? Any points and comments are welcome. Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 08:06:21 CST