Re: 600 Gb migration from Sun to Aix in 8 hrs

From: <erwiggins_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 18:36:05 -0800

I agree, in fact I have done extensive testing on AIX and found that the optimal max i/o size is 64K which with 8k blocks would means a DFMBRC of 8. I found that 64K will make full block I/Os on any size object segments , 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc. You can certainly set a higher max I/O size but the fact is most of your I/O is smaller so setting a scattered read to 1Mb means a lot of extra I/O if you are reading a 64k extent. Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 20:36:05 CST