Re: Say hello to everybody, and seeking for help

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:15:54 -0800

Robert Klemme wrote:
> "Andreas Sheriff" <spamcontrol_at_iion.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>

>>Implement a materialized view.
>>
>>You can find a good explanation of what they are by viewing the Oracle
>>Concepts manual:
>>

> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/schema.htm#sthref843
>
>>--
>>Andreas
>>Oracle 9i Certified Professional
>>Oracle 10g Certified Professional
>>Oracle 9i Certified PL/SQL Developer

> I find it a bit, um, careless for a certified Oracle professional to
> suggest creation of a materialized view with 27 million+ records without
> having more detailed knowledge what's going on in that database. What
> makes you so sure it's the right solution?
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert

I find it a bit careless to suggest any solution without seeing the EXPLAIN PLAN or other trace output.

Nothing personal Andreas but shouldn't you be gathering a lot more information before recommending a solution? You don't even know if this is Oracle 5 running on Apollo workstations.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org