Character set mismatch

From: <hheien_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 00:59:22 -0800

Hi,

At the moment I am working towards an Oracle server through Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and I've been stuck with an "ORA-12704: character set mismatch" error for a while now. What I'm trying to do is to run a query using multi value parameters from Reporting Services to the Oracle server. This have worked fine until recently towards an Oracle version 9 database, but now I'm trying to make it work with Oracle version 8.1.7 and this is when I get the character set mismatch problems.

The following query illustrates the problems I'm having:

select *
from table x
where x.date between :startDate and :endDate and

      x.someRow in (:multiValueParameterList)

The actual query is larger than the one above, but I have located the problem to occur when I try to use multi value parameters in my query. I have no problems with the queries as long as I use single value parameters.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out with this problem.

--
Hans Inge Heien