Question on Startup

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 07:55:10 -0800

Hi All,

Just trying to find out if anyone has ever had this problem, and what the issue was.

We applied the latest patch list night to our 50 servers. This morning two of the databases were down.

However, when I logged into SQLPLUS, it said "Connected to an idle instance". When I tried to start the database it says "Instance already running".

So, I did a shutdown abort and then restarted the instance and all was fine.

But, what caused the problem above? Any ideas?

Thanks Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 09:55:10 CST