Re: rman/netbackup

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:40:19 +0100

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:27:39 +0100, nugster wrote (in article <1132244859.757677.144540_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>):

> i currently trying to change all our rman to disk backupsscheduled in
> cron to:
> netbackup scheduled rman straight to tape.
>
> I have set up netbackup to take the disk backup off to tape after cron
> does the rman backups.
>
> 1. when setting up a script in netbackup can you pass parameters if so
> how.
> ( current rman job runs ./rman_job <oracle-sid> and i want set
> netbackup similar
>
> 2. is it possible to have one netbackup job that will rman to disk and
> to tape .
>
> cheers
>
> nug

Do you want to backup to disk and have that picked up by a filesystem backup or do you want to backup directly to tape ? In the latter case you need to use the media manager - and probably extra licenses for it. It works like a charm.

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ciber.nl
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 04:40:19 CST