Pmon & SMOn

From: Pradeep <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2005 05:19:15 -0800

Hi Friends,

I am just confused between PMON & SMON relating to Rollback transaction. There are documents saying that PMON is responsible for Rolling back the uncommitted transactions upon recovery after crash or instance failure.

But also read that SMON is responsible for crash recovery , which i think involves the rolling back the uncommitted transaction.

So exactly who does the rolling back of uncommitted transaction I am sure i am definitely missing something. I have read the Concepts manual, Expert One-on-one but still not clear.

thanks
Pradeep Received on Mon Nov 14 2005 - 07:19:15 CST