java servlet accessing two different db at the same time

From: RandyTh <RandyTh_at_oracleforum.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:01:16 GMT

I am trying to create the servlet that searchs tables with the same strcuture but on different DB( Oracle and MSSQL ) and get search result based on the search condition specified. Currently I am going one by one to through the SQL sentence and assemble the search result. However, the each table has about 400000 rows so takes time get all result back to the browser. I was thinking if i can throw the sql sentence to each table on the difference db at the same time time takes to get the search result will be shorter. Is it possible to do this? Received on Fri Nov 11 2005 - 14:01:16 CST