Learning about Oracle

From: David E. Grove <david_grove_at_correct.state.ak.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:30:44 -0900

Folks,

I installed Oracle 10g R1 on Solaris 10, and also created (using DBCA) a database. Then I deleted all the files in the oradata directory. Now, when I run DBCA, I am still presented with the option to delete a database, and then presented with a radio button for the database that I thought I wiped out when I deleted all the database files. Since the control file is gone, where is DBCA be getting the name of the formerly existing database? tnsnames.ora? Someplace else?

Thank you.

DG Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 19:30:44 CST