Re: RAC performance and redundancy questions.

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 8 Nov 2005 15:35:01 -0800

As far as #1 goes I think your DBA needs to help. The real question is "what are your sessions waiting on exactly?". I think it is probably related to instance recovery but getting some 10046 traces is one approach to pinning down exactly what is going on.

If you know that all inserts will hang, you can have a program or script queued up that does an execute immediate and sets the oracle trace operational then attempts inserts. Then run the trace file through tkprof with event diagnostics turned on. Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 17:35:01 CST