Re: Database Restore Error

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2005 00:27:01 -0800

> RMAN-03002: failure of alter db command at 11/07/2005 14:54:30
> ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
> ORA-01110: data file 1: '/dbs2/oradata/mibas/system.dbf'
> what should i do? I checked it recovered the system.dbf file but still
> giving above errors.
> Thanks for ur help.
> Hanu

There are 2 stages to an RMAN recovery: the restore stage and the recover stage...

The restore step actually copies the datafiles back into the original location, and the recover step applies database changes (from redo) to these restored datafiles to bring the database into a consistent state.

It looks like you have restored the files but not recovered them.

What exact steps did you use to do the restore...? (post your script here)

Did you use a 'set until' clause..?

Matt Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 02:27:01 CST