Why does Oracle 9i show 10/30/05 with a d or s after the time and what does the XXFF time format mean?

From: colin_lyse <colin_lyse_at_98fgfgs.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2005 09:37:03 -0600

we have 9.1.2 on Unix StarFire Sun server.

we have a column load_Date with DATE format. it is part of primary key

when we do a query on 04/02/05 when we changed to daylight savings time we get the following

2005-04-02 24:00
2005-04-02 01:00s
2005-04-02 03:00d
2005-04-02 04:00d

we understand that the s and d refers to standard or savings but we have not seen that in the documentation. how do we parse that with other apps that expect Oracle to give a pure date.

it is related to the NLS date time format? we have one of NLS_TIME_FORMAT HH.MI.SSXFF AM yet we have not found any documentation on what the XFF means after the seconds.

is there a way for oracle not to display that s or d?

any help would be appreciated we are at wits end!! Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 09:37:03 CST