Re: Oracle Taking Control

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 5 Nov 2005 22:39:18 -0800

takveen_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Just wanted to share my observation regarding Oracle. If we compare
> when Oracle 7 with what we have right now i.e. Oracle 10g. Its
> completely evident that many processes that were the headache of a DBA
> now controlled by Oracle automatically. Keeping in mind the flow/trend
> of development of Oracle software, I think may be Oracle 21g would be
> having everything automated and controlled by the Genie itself.

And that's bad because?... :)

> DBA
> jobs would marely be develop the database only just like we do in MS
> Access. All maintainence would be taken care of by the Oracle Genie. It
> means less opportunities in Oracle DBA field eventually ...

Actually, "merely" is probably 100 times better than what we see now with javatroids and their armies of irresponsible idiots and in-the-pocket managers.

Check the link I put here a coupla weeks ago on another unmitigated disaster EXCLUSIVELY the responsability of these blights of IT: total wreckage, another multi-million dollar disaster. Typical of what development has been like with this mob.

So if the dba job becomes that, we might finally get applications that WORK, instead of applications that "abstract". I'm quite sure no one can do worse than javatroids: even Access would be a blessing!

Pesonally, I'd welcome the ability to help with development: it's MORE opportunities, not less, that I see. Received on Sun Nov 06 2005 - 00:39:18 CST