Tuning PL/SQL Procedures

From: GeoPappas <PappasG_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2005 07:25:47 -0800

I am familiar with the ability to tune a SQL statement, but is there a way to tune a procedure?

For example, we have a procedure in PL/SQL that is a few hundred lines.  I would like to test the procedure and capture a benchmark. I would then like to try various things to try and improve performance.

Is utlbstat/utlestat the best way?

Are there other ways?

FYI: Using Oracle 10g on Solaris 2.9 Received on Thu Nov 03 2005 - 09:25:47 CST