Re: Impact of two databases sharing an oracle instance

From: Nirupam <nirupam.newaskar_at_fmr.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2005 04:53:01 -0800

Sorry guys I didn't put my question correclty.

As of now I have two seperate databases (DB1, which is Oracle 8.1.7.4 & DB2, which is Orcale 8.1.7.2) on a single Solaris box. Lets assume that DB1 has schema S1 and DB2 has schema S2

now we want to move to a new Solaris box which has a single database instacne (9i) and put both S1 & S2 in it (i.e. an oracle database with two schemas, right?)

what will be the impact on performance, capacity? what areas should we consider to avoid any issues?

Regards
Nirupam