Re: Beginners list

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 04:36:48 GMT

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:03:32 -0800, gazzag wrote:

> I fully agree. Internet newsgroups and/or forums, by their very
> nature, are notoriously easy places for misunderstandings to occur.
> Based on the fact that usually one is communicating with someone
> halfway around the world, who you've probably never met, and whose
> first language may not be English, it's hardly surprising more
> misunderstandings don't take place.

Actually, English is not my 1st language, either. I was born and grew up in Croatia. My German also used to be pretty good but, by I didn't use it for the last 15 years, so I've probably forgotten most of it. English is lingua franca (the pun, of course, is purely accidental) of the modern world and anybody who wants to live in the 21st century will have to learn it, sooner or later, even if he's a US president.

--
http://www.mgogala.com