Re: Connection Error from windows Server

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 2 Nov 2005 18:46:26 -0800

Comments embedded.
aj70000_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting Ora-3113 and ora-3114 on the event viewer of the windows
> server which is running the .net web application.
> I checked all the logs on the oracle server and did not find anything
> suspicious. This error stopped on its own after about 3 hours.
> Meanwhile all the other jobs running on the network on that server
> completed successfully.

Edit your sqlnet.ora on the client and add the following:

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=admin

Initiate a connection through the application and, when this error again arises check the cli.trc file in the same directory as the application executables. You should find some clue there.

> Our Oracle server runs on suse linux and the version is 9i release 2.

Which could be any release from 9.2.0.1 through 9.2.0.6. State the version NUMBER, not the common name, when you specify which release you're using. 9.2.0.1 is exceptionally 'buggy'; if this is the release you are running I would patch this to at least 9.2.0.4 before continuing an investigation.

> I am puzzeled. Any help is much appreciated.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Nov 02 2005 - 20:46:26 CST