Re: imp - how to get a listing of an export file...?

From: Tommy <tommynoble_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2005 12:54:15 -0800

A few more possible factors:

The dump file was created on a unix system and I'm trying to read it on a windows system. I don't think that's really a problem. We were able to compress/decompress it using gzip without apparent errors. (even that took ages)

I had left out a BUFFER=<high number> when I tried my first attempts at getting a listing. My first semi-successful attempt at a SHOW=Y yielded gobs of errors which appear to have been knock-on effects of the initial output sql statements being too big for the default buffer size.

The dump file is immense (16gb), so that would tell why it should take so long. big duh for me.

I don't know exactly how it was exported, so I'm asking the customer to re-export using FILESIZE=1500m STATISTICS=NONE, and specifying a set of dump files, plus I've asked them to just export the user/schema I need, which I believe they had not done (I think they did a full export).

I have done my own mini-export (including with chopping it into smaller dump files) so that I could prove to myself that SHOW=Y is working, so I think I'm on track.

Thanks for the suggestions. Received on Tue Nov 01 2005 - 14:54:15 CST