Re: backup/restore

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:26:49 GMT

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:00:23 -0800, gazzag wrote:

> No he didn't:
>

>>> how can I restore prod d/base backup into an EXISTING test d/base?

> As for it being "bad" advice, I disagree. You're right about there not
> being sufficient information in the original post though. People who
> don't know very much about Oracle often confuse backups and exports. I
> was attempting to gauge the OP's level of knowledge.

There usually isn't enough information. If the poster gives sufficient and precise information, he's usually highly skilled and has enough of a toolkit to solve the problem himself. In this case, the OP could read utilities manual, Recovery Manager reference or Rob Freeman's wonderful RMAN book. He opted to post the question here instead. That should be sufficient to gage his knowledge.

--
http://www.mgogala.com