Re: Help: Using 10g Database control

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:53:54 GMT

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:40:49 +0000, charlie cs interested us by writing:

> I just installed Oracle 10G (10103) on RedHat AS 3.0.
>
> After I run EMCA -r, then I try to use the Linux web brower to connect to
> http://hostname:5501/em from the same server, I got the error "the
> connection was refused"

I don't recognize the 'EMCA' command myself, but on my systems (SuSE Pro 9.3, SLES8, SLES9 and RHES 3) I go through the following steps to start up after a reboot:

  1. set the ORACLE_HOME (I use /usr/local/bin/oraenv ... after fixing /usr/local/bin/dbhome to look for /etc/oratab instread of /var/opt/oratab)

. oraenv
{specify the Oracle Service at the prompt} or in my .profile I have

export ORACLE_SID=mysid
ORAENV_ASK=NO
. oraenv

(the above makes sure the ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME and PATH are correct and alows me to switch easily when I have multiple instances)

2) start the listener in $ORACLE_HOME/bin

lsnrctl start

3) start the Enterprise Manager console in $ORACLE_HOME/bin

emctl start dbconsole

4) access the console with the URL & port as identified in the $ORACLE_HOME/install/portlist.ini file

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com