Re: Space wasted because of automatic undo management

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 20:01:02 -0800

I saw a hard drive today in a store window. It was desktop quality, not server quality. 200 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM 8 MB cache ... $99 (USD). 50 cents a GigaByte.

What was the question again?
146 GB drives appearing in storage subsystems?

I have only seen 1 single error in any of the databases that I babysit regarding AUM, and that was due to too large of a transaction for the smallish undo tablespace datafile size.

AUM is awesome.
What version is this in regard to?

-bdbafh Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 22:01:02 CST