Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:50:38 +0200

Answers embedded

On 31 Mar 2005 07:48:03 -0600, "T.Kindermann" <thomas.kindermann_at_web.de> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>we are running a OMS on a Oracle 9.2.0.5 Database and 2 production servers
>with Oracle 9.2.0.5
>
>Now we must change the hardware (new ip-adress,...)
>
>1.) Can someone tell we how to change the hardware

Read the documentation for your O/S or consult your system administrator.

>2.) how can I update the intelligent agent on the other hosts?
The intelligent agent configuration files don't contain any information on the OMS, as per the net administrators manual

>3.) What operation system should I use for OMS (Windows 2000 or Windows XP)
The *operating system* you use for the database software assuming, you run the OMS on the same system as the database. If XP use XP professional as per the documentation. Be aware patches for Win2000 cease to be free after June 30.

>4.) Now we are running OMS from the installation medium oracle 9.2.0.1
> should we upgrade to 10g (Only the enterprise manger)
Why do that? Oracle has fully revamped the architecture, and the interface, so you will end up in a mixed world.

>and when 5.) can we administrate Oracle 9i databases with OMS 10 ?

Please do not request this group to read manuals on your behalf.

Also be aware you should NEVER EVER use hardcoded ip adresses in a Net configuration files in the first place.
As from 10g a proper DNS adress is mandatory, and Oracle won't work without one.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA