Re: pls-00597

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:24:40 GMT

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:16:07 -0500, Scott Mattes wrote:

> While I thought that I was in compliance with the lic. for the download
> I went back and checked and have even asked Oracle itself what lic. I
> need for what I want to do. I even have an email saying they got the
> question (I wonder how long until they answer).

If you are in compliance, and have support, you should be able to access Metalink. If your customer is providing Metalink, you could have them give you a userid & password.

> I also looked into what lic. I could buy and it seems like Standard One
> would be what I want. Is there some difference tween that and Personal
> that I might want to consider? I need to write and test PL/SQL code and
> SQL.
Personal is the same as Enterprise (except for RAC), just limited to one instance and one user. It's designed for developers.

/Hans Received on Tue Mar 29 2005 - 22:24:40 CST