Re: INSERT millions_of_rows, how to COMMIT every 10,000 rows ?

From: rbs <rbs100_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2005 03:17:13 -0800

Well,
One option could be you can generate an insert script from the old table for every row and set the autocommit to 10000. Another easier option could be, if you are using the toad, you generate the insert statement for the old table and change the name of the name with find and replace option. And toad itself creates commit statement for number of records which you specify while generating the script. Else you have write only a PL/SQL .
Hope this helps...
Regards
RBs