Re: Best Linux distribution...

From: Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:01:49 +0100

Cris Carampa wrote:
> Fabrizio wrote:
>

>> My company pays only the technical support and the medias.
>> We don't pay the software by itself or the number of installation
>> (they are considered only for support).

> So if you install SLES on several servers in the same company and if you
> wish to use maintenance support you have to pay a licence fee for each
> server? Including test boxes? Including desupported (SLES7) servers?
>
> Thank you for sharing your experience.
>
> Kind regards,

Only on the server you wish to be supported on.

You can have as many servers without license as you wish (even in production).

While Oracle support both operating system and RDBMS since SLES is under "Unbreakable" certification.

(SLES7 is not supported anymore but I obtained good help from SuSE technicians nonetheless).

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com

replace mycontinent with europe