Re: Disk I/O

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:34:15 +1100

rainer apparently said,on my timestamp of 17/03/2005 4:39 PM:

> The question is: Why is the DB waiting for IO, while the disks seem not to
> work at their limits?

Are you running a single db writer? You may well need more.

But we'd need a lot more info than just the provided. Sy's reco of a statspack report is the first cab off the rack. Second cab is: what is the sector size used to create the disk partitions where Oracle data resides? Third: is the system being used for other things besides Oracle, such as: DNS server or PDC/BDC or file or print server?

Then something else might become clear.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto