A Query about Distributed Database

From: Sameer <sameer75_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2005 02:33:31 -0800

Hello,
This is an assignment related to Distributed Databases.

Create a global conceptual schema Emp(Eno;Ename;Address;Email;Salary) and insert 10 records.
Divide Emp into vertical fragments Emp1(Eno;Ename;Address) and Emp2(Eno;Email;Salary) on two different nodes and fire a query, find the salary of an employee where employee number is known.

Please explain me the terms vertical fragments and nodes. Do we need two different Oracle Servers for this? Please give the general steps for the same. -Sameer Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 04:33:31 CST