Re: Enterprise manager Question

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:09:43 GMT

Sean wrote:
> Hi, I just installed 10g and I have found the Web interface for
> Enterprise manager.
>
> Is there a desktop version? I am looking for the same functionality as
> access where I can quickly edit table rows.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks.

If you are looking for the equivalent of DBA Studio or OEM java console from previous versions, yes the Windows java console OEM is still provided on the 10g client (not server) installation CD-ROM. In fact there are still some management capabilities that are only supported by the java console and not the 10g database control.

However the table editing tools are pretty basic and not very fast, certainly not on a par with MS Access.

-Mark Bole Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 18:09:43 CST