Re: Patchset 9.2.0.6 stable ?

From: Don <don_leeNO_aa_SPAM_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:32:36 GMT

We are fairly new to Oracle and this is our first application of patchset. In terms of test and validation plan, from high level standpoint :

  1. Complete backup test server.
  2. apply patchset to test server.
  3. Re-test/re-certify all applications by developers
  4. Test/in-house utilities/backup/maintenance jobs
  5. perform complete backup of production server
  6. test ( should be re-test ) fall back plan
  7. apply patchset to production server
  8. switch over and monitor closely

How was your test and validation plan??