Re: SQL Server 2005 - Still not upto it

From: <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2005 06:42:43 -0800

<<Personally, I think there is some value in getting the functionality perfected before you start optimizing performance. It's the same approach I take with many of my development efforts. >>

This statement I disagree with. I have seen to many software projects fail (not just RDBMS project's, but others, as well) because performance was not designed into the application from day one. Usually performance is directly related to application design.

I can create a Fred Flintstone car tomorrow that I move with my legs that is totally functional, but it probably wouldn't sell too well.

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 08:42:43 CST