Re: C# and Oracle...

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:05:38 -0800

"Adam Norris" <spam_at_slufact0ry.com> wrote in message news:alf731pejro77t9mmd8ncdq9flgcnc7jk3_at_4ax.com...
> Took a look at the site...maybe because it's late or something like
> that...do you happen to have a link to the article I need?
>
> Thanx
> --Adam
>
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:49:39 -0800, "Jim Kennedy"
> <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote:
>

> >"Adam Norris" <spam_at_slufact0ry.com> wrote in message
> >> Simply put, does anyone know a way that I can call a C# library's
> >> exposed methods from Oracle PL/SQL?
> >>
> >> I am currently working on a data transport between disconnected
> >> networks. One network is using Oracle/Powerbuilder and I am using
> >> C#/SQL...I was hoping to simplify my task by using the same C# library
> >> for the data exchange. Note that this library is going to be database
> >> unaware...it is just going to be used to format the file in a
> >> consistent manner across multiple installations.
> >>
> >> I know that I can use PB10 .NET Datawindow functionality to achieve
> >> this; however, the application might run too slow for this so I want
> >> to provide the option to drop the library in at the Oracle level and
> >> use native triggers to facilitate the data exchange.
> >>
> >> Any other ideas will be GREATLY welcomed...
> >>
> >> Thank You
> >> Adam
> >
> >You can go to otn.oracle.com and read the document on external procedure
> >calls. They provide examples and the steps to set it up. You can even
have
> >it call back into Oracle. Basically, you have to wrap the calls in
pl/sql
> >and have it registered as an external process.
> >Jim

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/pl_sql/htdocs/extproc_sql.txt is one example
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.drilldown?levelnum=2&toplevel=a96590&method=FULL&chapters=0&book=&wildcards=0&preference=&expand_all=&verb=&word=external+procedure#a96590

is another Received on Sun Mar 13 2005 - 00:05:38 CST