Re: Oracle timeout

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2005 07:45:22 -0800

"Vox" <vox_at_one.com> wrote in message news:<39dd2iF60ih6rU1_at_individual.net>...
> > This is feature of site ( application server Apache , IIS or what you
> > are using )
>
> Sorry, I have to be more exact. We don't have possibility to configure
> client. It is not our product.
>
> Only chance for us to solve problem with long running query is to kick off
> client on the server side. Otherwise, client will get stucked for long time
> period.

Look into the CREATE PROFILE command. Set up a profile with any resource limit you like and Oracle will disconnect the client. NB: The resource_limit parameter in init.ora needs to be set to TRUE for this, and as this is a static parameter, you need to reboot the database.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA