Re: ora-03113

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 06:25:50 GMT

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 06:09:42 +0000, satish mahajan via DBMonster.com wrote:

> Hi!
> I am using Oracle 9i on Linuix and when I try to start database on the
> server it will give message "WARM START", but at SQLExecute(statement), it
> takes some seconds and returns with the error-message "ORA-03113: end-of-
> file on communication channel".
> Is there any remedy to this?

ORA-3113 is effectively a 'something went wrong' message. There are dozens of reasons it could be happening, a lot of which point to excessive swapping or other memory starvation.

Assuming you have support (this application IS important enough to pay for it, right <g>), you want to check metalink for the standard methods of troubleshooting a 3113.

Otherwise you may want to google the archives (http://groups.google.com or .ca) to review the previous discussions on this.

hth/FGB Received on Fri Mar 11 2005 - 00:25:50 CST