Re: Oracle process consumes all paging space on AIX

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:55:52 GMT

So let me understand this, based on your info:

  1. Two instances up when the system crashes
  2. When training DB is down, no memory issues
  3. When a user gets on training DB locally, memory use goes whacky

and

So far, when memory goes out-of-bounds, it's when a user access training via SQLPlus.

Where I'd go from here, if I was troubleshooting this:

Use the same logic used by statspack: capture a snapshot when things are running well & compare to failure info.

It's going to be a slow slog, and the more methodical you are, the faster you'll get answers. Also, document everything you do and what the reaction is, in excrutiating detail. Whether it makes sense or not, all support is trying to do is provide a methodical framework.

The place I'd start, based on your info so far, is with the training instance,

G'luk/FGB Received on Thu Mar 10 2005 - 23:55:52 CST