Re: Mirror redo logs

From: David McWilliams <davidkmcw_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2005 20:58:03 -0800

VCS only uses the CFS when you are connecting via RAC or some other parallel access solution to SAN disk. We are not using Veritas' Cluster filesystem. We are using the ability of VCS to fail over the Oracle processes on one Sun server (that point to a database on shared storage (mounting via straight NFS, no iSCSI or FCP on the filer)), to fail the Oracle processes & associated moint points, etc, over to a different Sun server pointing to the same Oracle instance on the same shared storage.

We are using a FAS270C, a clustered NetApp, but that doesn't help if the Sun server goes down.

We would, though, like multiple copies, in different places, of our redo logs, just in case - unless there is a more clever Oracle/ NetApp way of doing it.

David