Re: Question: running a SQLPlus script from the UNIX shell with passwords??

From: DW <dwhittier_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 9 Mar 2005 15:45:55 -0800

I dunno if it's risky - aside from all the infrastructure security in place in most environments, I'm pretty sure Oracle's hash is one-way, so no one would be likely to be able to de-hash it back into its raw value. I think it may even be a proprietary algorithm.

-Course, I heard of a guy once who said he could tell what files were on a floppy disk just by closely looking at the surface of the disk, so who knows what some peoples' brains can do...? ;-) Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 17:45:55 CST