Re: Help me please!

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:21:41 -0800

Vu Nguyen Duy via DBMonster.com wrote:

> I'm trying to install oracle 9i DBMS on window 2003 from the CD but the
> installation can't start. I double click to the installation file but
> nothing happen.
>
> My computer is a DNS server.
>
> I've installed Java SDK, set virtual memmory to 1gb and set all security
> setting to low, turned off all antivirus program already but i still can't
> force the installation start.
>
> Please help me to resolve this problem!
> Thank!

Oracle doesn't belong on a DNS server. This has bad idea written all over it.

That said ... why did you install the Java SDK? I'd remove it. Second how much physical memory does the machine actually have? And what made you decide to change the virutal memory setting?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington