Oracle installation problems

From: <t_pascal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2005 08:36:49 -0800

I think it is generally well known that Oracle has the shittiest piece of installation software in this godforsaken industry full of really bad, really shitty products.

Solaris installation: 3 weeks to operational database Linux installation: 3 days to get the installation program up and running! 2 weeks and counting for operational database

If you just pop in an MS SQL CD, you'll have an operational database in an hour. Jeeezus, I never thought I'd be singing the praises of Bill Gates. Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 10:36:49 CST