Re: Infinite loop on JRE for database configuration assistant

From: J Random User <ignore99_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:03:51 GMT

In article <1109827903.560130.118260_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,  <ed.bryant_at_stellent.com> wrote:

>Over the last few days I've tried to install Oracle 8.1.7, 9.2, 10 in
>various ways and flavours and they all hang on install.

There is a slightly greater than remote chance that it's a hardware issue. I banged my head against an oracle install for a couple of weeks (not mission critical, obviously) and then got the bright idea to try memtest86. Boom. And the POST never made a peep. Just because windows boots up and stuff seems to run doesn't mean everything's perfect. Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 19:03:51 CST