Re: A check on database cloning from sun to fujitsu

From: Gautrak <gautrak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2004 22:33:47 -0700

Thanks Sybrand for your response.
I am surprised and worried that nobody stood against what you said. I have been reading all along that moving database from 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS is to install oracle software on 64 bit box and copy over the cold backup files from 32-bit box to 64-bit box.

we recently tested also this on HP-UX.

Either I have not made it clear in my posting or I am heading into a serious problem.

If I do not use rman, what is fast method of copying my oracle database from a 32-bit solaris to 64-bit solaris box? My oracle will remain 8.1.7.4 32 bit.

Thanks in advance,
Gautrak