Re: authenticating user to Oracle - without supplying password - Single sign on

From: Access <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:00:08 +0200

"dk" <goyald_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:facb5f59.0410301434.3db37acc_at_posting.google.com...
> Sybrand,
> Thanks. I have two follow-up questions.
> 1. I will need OCI drivers/thick clients on client machine. Am I
> correct? Will this work with thin JDBC drivers?
> 2. Is there any risk associated with O/S authentication?
> Thanks and regards
>
> D Goyal..

Regarding 2 :

I believe there is a risk when you leave your PC unguarded and unlocked, so someone else could have access to all db's with your login account. Of course, when you use a soft like TOAD for example and use the option to save all connection passwords, that's basically the same risk.

Matthias Received on Sat Oct 30 2004 - 18:00:08 CDT