Re: oracle killed session still holding locks

From: Jean <test_at_test.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:10:39 +0200

> shutdown abort comes to mind.

yes but there are 700 users on the db working and only 10 users want to access that table
i'm very afraid of this ... It's the second time i have this in one month. The first time i've made the shutdown abort cause shutdown immediate didn't shutdown after 1hour.
I don't know how to react because the application need 24/7 avalaibility. the application was on sybase without any problem at first and now we migrated to oracle (for support)
i'm disapointed but i'll open a case.
i don't think it's the good way to shutdown abort each time i've got this error, and i have no good explanation for my boss. Received on Sat Oct 30 2004 - 06:10:39 CDT